New Roles at GRAS: Architect
We are seeking to recruit an ARB-registered Architect with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join our well-established but growing and vibrant studio in Leith.
GRAS is an award-winning architecture and design studio based in Leith, Edinburgh and our projects span cultural, commercial, residential and hospitality sectors, including conservation, adaptive re-use and new build. We work across Scotland, the UK and abroad. By focusing on timeless design principles, we develop refined yet characterful solutions that put the needs of users first. Our work is always bespoke and centred around an understanding of our social and ecological responsibility.
The ideal applicant will be enthusiastic and dedicated, and should have:
- Experience of working sensitively with existing buildings, possibly with a keen interest in architectural conservation and/or sustainability that they would like to develop further
- Strong project running/contract administration skills and the ability to demonstrate sound technical knowledge, especially in the Scottish context
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and through drawing and hand-sketching
- Good experience of Revit and/or AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe software
- The ability to think independently but also to work in a team with others in the studio, contractors and beyond
GRAS work within Custom Lane, a collaborative centre for design and making. We offer:
- Access to a supportive and social studio environment, mixing with a range of other design professionals
- Industry-standard salaries dependent on experience levels
- A hybrid working policy with the opportunity to work part-time or flexibly
- Benefits such as annual social events and funding for CPD, training and engaging in wider cultural activities
CVs and examples of relevant work should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org